Whether you’re going to a holiday celebration or are in the mood for homemade chocolate dipped fruit. The taste of a chocolate hard shell enveloping a piece of ripe fruit tickles the palate with hints of sweet and juicy pleasures. But making chocolate dipped fruit tends to be a little tricky. From selection to its preparation, this recipe explains how to make chocolate dipped fruit:
Chocolate Dipped Fruit Passion Recipe
The key to creating juicy, mouthwatering chocolate dipped fruit is in the fruit and chocolate selection. Start with premium dark or milk chocolate chips or chocolate bar and handpicked ripe, scar-free, fresh fruit.
The tastiest chocolate dipped fruit choices are strawberries, cherries, and pineapples.
- 12 pieces of fresh fruit (strawberries, cherries and/or pineapples)
- One-12 oz dark or milk chocolate bar
- Aluminum foil
- Toothpicks (optional)
2) While the fruit is chilling, cover a platter in aluminum foil.
3) Next, chop the first 4 ounces of the chocolate bar and place in a microwaveable bowl and cover. Heat the chocolate at 40 second intervals to mix and reheat until it is completely smooth.
4) Remove four pieces of fruit from the freezer and dip each piece in chocolate, transferring it to the platter and then finally returning the chocolate dipped fruit to the freezer to chill for 12 to 15 minutes.
If the bowl of chocolate thickens, return it to the microwave for a few seconds.
5) Repeat, using batches of 4 ounces of chocolate until all the fruit is covered and placed in the freezer.
6) After 15 minutes, move the chocolate dipped fruit to the refrigerator. To prevent the chocolate from melting and becoming gooey, remove from the refrigerator just 30 minutes before serving.
Ghirardelli Chocolate is one of the recommended brands for this chocolate hand dipped recipe.
To prepare healthy chocolate dipped fruit with fewer calories and the highest antioxidants, use dark chocolate with a minimum of 53 percent cacao.